The nineteenth day of BlogMas brings you more DIY crafts, which means more baubles! Yay!
This one was an idea of my sisters. She found an idea for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Christmas baubles. She has loved the TMNT since she was little, so we had to try it out.
What You’ll Need:
- 4 foam balls
- Googly eyes
- Ribbon for the mask – blue, purple, orange, and red (about 30cm of each)
- Ribbon for hanging on the tree
- Green paint
- Paint brushes
- Craft glue
What To Do:
1) Paint each ball green. It took us three full coats.
2) Cut the ribbon so it fits around the bauble with a slight overlap, and trim the excess (this will be used for the mask ties).
3) Once the paint is dry, glue the ribbon for the mask around each bauble.
3) As the mask dries, glue the excess pieces of ribbon so they’re folded over as seen in the picture below.
4) When both are dry, glue the tie onto the back of the mask ribbon, covering the spot where the ribbon joins.
5) Glue the googly eyes on the ribbon, so it looks like the eyes are peeking out of the mask.
6) Cut the hanging ribbon so it’s long enough to easily slip over your Christmas tree branches. Then overlap the ends and pin to the top of the bauble.
See you tomorrow!
SIX DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!