Yesterday I promised a Christmas Recipe for Pavlova. I got this one from Best Recipes. So here it is.
What You’ll Need:
- Baking Paper
- Electric Mixer
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 Cup of Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Cornflour
- Whipped Cream
- Toppings of your choice (usually fruit)
What To Do:
1) Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form.
2) Add sugar, lemon juice and sifted cornflour and beat until stiff and glossy (at least 10 mins).
3) Cover a baking tray with baking paper.
4) Pile meringue onto paper and shape into a large circle, leaving the centre slightly hollowed.
5) Bake in at 130C for 1 ½ hours or until crisp on the outside.
6) Turn oven off and leave pavlova to cool in oven with door ajar.
7) Decorate with whipped cream and fruit. (or my personal favourite, chocolate)
Tomorrow I’ll be back with a story about one of the best Christmas presents I’ve ever received.