Day 2. A Christmas Recipe.
While Rocky Road isn’t really a Christmas specific (or Yule specific) food, it comes to my mind when I think of the holidays. It’s always something that is made in my house around Christmas; I’m not really sure why, but I’m totally okay with it.
Rocky Road is super easy to make, and also great because you can customise the recipe to your own preferences. You can use any type of chocolate, and substitute any of the lollies or fruit. It’s versatile! (and yummy)
What You’ll Need:
- Brownie tin
- 2 family sized (220g) blocks of Cadbury milk chocolate
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- ½ cup of chopped peanuts (unless you are allergic, in which case just pretend I never mentioned nuts)
- ¼ cup of chopped jelly lollies (we use red and green jelly babies)
- 250g of mini marshmallows
What To Do:
1) Melt chocolate. This can be done either in the mircowave or on the stove in a bowl over boiling water.
2) Add dry ingredients to melted chocolate. Make sure to add marshmallows last so the chocolate has cooled a little (otherwise the marshmallows will melt).
3) Pour mixture into tin lined with baking paper.
4) Set in fridge over night (or until hard, whichever comes first).
5) Remove from tin and cut to desired size.
6) Serve and enjoy! (Yep, that’s it, you’re done)
There you have it; the easiest and yummiest Christmas snack in existence! Hope you enjoy, and I will post a picture later of this year’s batch. See you tomorrow for my top 3 favourite Christmas movies!